What’s the best way to get new clients from social media for free without paid ads?
Here are two two really easy strategies for getting clients that I’m surprised a lot more people don’t take advantage of.
The first way is getting clients through Facebook and I’m not talking about how people normally do it with running paid ads or spamming groups about what you offer.
What you do is:
1. Find people who are similar to your ideal clients and add them as friends.
2. Next, do not send them a message trying to sell anything or telling them why they should hire you. Instead send them a message letting them know why you thought the both of you should connect or just saying thanks for accepting my friend request and then give incredible value such as a recommendation for an article or something that they would find helpful – without immediately expecting anything in return.
3. Next add them to a friends list on Facebook and categorize them by what type of client they are. So if they’re Dentists, then create a list labeled “Dentists” and add them to that.
To create a new list:
– Click Friend Lists under Explore on the left side of your News Feed.
– Click Create List.
– Enter a name for your list and the names of friends you’d like to add. Keep in mind you can add or remove friends from your lists at any time.
– Click Create.
4. Now post valuable content that they’ll find helpful and show that you’re a thought leader and really know what you’re talking about. This could be things like a case study, article, or cheat sheet like, “The 5 Best Ways For Dentists To Get New Patients.”
To select the audience that you’d like to share the post with, you’ll find an audience selector tool most places you share status updates, photos and other things you post. Click the tool and select who you want to share something with.
5. You can then even message them letting them know that you just posted something which you think would really help them out and share the link with them.
6. As you do this, they’ll start to comment on your posts, like your content, and you’ll begin to build a relationship with them.
7. Then they’ll begin to see you as a trusted adviser and even a friend and actually come to YOU to see if they can hire you! Amazing right, having clients comes to us – for free!
1. Use LinkedIn’s search feature to search by location and exact job title of your ideal clients.
2. Send your ideal clients an invite to connect.
3. You’ll see a box pop up which allows you to write a personal note.
4. In the personal note box, do not sell in this message, but let them know why you’d like to connect with them. Be a real person here, don’t be salesy, and write an nice message that builds rapport.
5. Then do the same thing as you would do on Facebook and post valuable content. You’ll see a share box which is similar to Facebook once you login and here you can post an article, share a link, and there’s a chance that even a simple post could go viral if you share something that really resonates with your target audience.
6. Message the people who you are connected with and let them know you just shared something that you really think they’ll find useful.
Be consistent, add value, and create more and more connections with people who need your help. Before you know it you’ll have a large network of people who see you as one of the best people who can help them and then now that you have a warm audience who is familiar with you could actually send them a message offering your services when the time is right and they’ll already know why they should hire you.